Home Page Index
Hamilton West Baptist Church
Saturday, October 21, 2017
Building God's Kingdom by His Power for His Glory!
Search this site.View the site map.
Visit us on Facebook.
How to Know Jesus 
Click Here

  

Service Times 
         Sunday Mornings 
 Life Groups   9:30AM
 Worship  10:45AM 
 KidsZone Church  11:15AM
            Wednesday 
 Family Dinner  6:00PM
 KidsZone
 6:45PM
 Worship & Study      7:00PM
      
   
 
 
        Tuesday & Saturday
  AA Meetings
 7:30PM

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
   
 
 
 
 
 


           Online Bible

Our History

 

A Long History of Preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ

 

Hamilton West Baptist Church has over 70 years of rich history. When you speak of Southern Baptist in Ohio, you must begin with Hamilton West. This is where it all began. More precisely, it began in the hearts of seven believer who bonded together to establish New Zion Baptist Church in 1931, first meeting in New Miami, a village about two miles north of Hamilton.

In the difficult days of its infancy, the church was led by four pastors; William Stuart, William Helton, John Jackson, and Mitchell Ward, during which time the church moved to three separate locations. The Church struggled at first, yet because of several persistent members and the assistance of Liberty Baptist Church in Indiana, the new congregation survived those first few years.

1937 proved to be a pivotal year. New Zion purchased and remodeled a building in Hamilton, on the corner of Gordon Ave and Summer Street. The same year, an 18 year old “preacher” from Metamora, Indiana was called as Pastor. William Anderson Fox was welcomed by the congregation of fifteen members. Growth soon followed. The Lord was adding to our numbers day by day through those who were being saved, (Acts 2:47), and by 1950 new facilities were needed. The church relocated once more and changed the name to Western Avenue Baptist Church. During Pastor Fox’s 31 years of ministry the church blossomed, growing to 800 members, baptizing more the 2,000 and establishing 17 missions, ordaining 17 men to the ministry.

A new era arrived with a new pastor in 1967. Rodney Deloach, who had pastored in Texas and Illinois, spent the next 18 years preaching and teaching as the Pastor. Under Pastor Deloach’s leadership the church grew and again needed to relocate for better facilities. In 1971 a modern structure was built on a 3 acre site at the present location of 1050 NW Washington Blvd. and the name was changed to Hamilton West Baptist Church. The continued to ordain men to the ministry and sponsor new missions.

Following Pastor Deloach's retirement in 1986, a former church member, and ministry staff member, Robert Beike was called as pastor. Pastor Beike served for 17 years. While Bob Beike was the Pastor, the church made significant updates to the sanctuary and totally remolded the front of the worship center.

In 2003 the Congregation of Hamilton West called our present Pastor, David Williams. Pastor Williams came to HWBC from Grove City, Ohio were he served as Pastor of Christian Education and Discipleship, at First Baptist Church of Grove City, Ohio. Since Pastor Williams began leading the church, we have seen a growth in baptisms, Sunday school and discipleship ministries. Pastor Williams is leading the church to an exciting future. Hamilton West Baptist Church is not just changing to reach new people we are evolving in order to reaching the next generation.

The original seven believers who pioneered the planting of this church did so with a spiritual vision to reach people with the message of salvation in Jesus Christ. They believed God would do something big. Now the baton has been passed to a new generation, and today’s vision can become tomorrow’s reality. With God’s grace we will continue that vision. Come Join us at Hamilton West Baptist Church. This church is a place where you can build, friendships, family and faith.